4.06.2008

Evening Clutch


I made 3 of these clutches–one for each of my sisters. They are fairly easy on a sewing/embroidery machine! The ones I made have all their inside seams covered with velvet, but I would just serge the seams. They have a small zipper on top under the flap so nothing falls out. They look great with the metallic thread. They're a bit larger than my hand, so are a great clutch size! I have more dark satin fabric (although this is a cottony jacquard) that I think would work well. Do you think they would sell?

5 comments:

Rayia said...

Great job! So darling! I think they'd sell.

Rayia said...

Great job! So darling! I think they'd sell.

Rachel Jankovic said...

I do think they would sell, very cute and well done. Tell us more about them -is that the original fabric print, or did you use your embroidery machine? And which Maki sister did this cute thing anyways?!

Maki Sisters said...

The fabric is just black on black jacquard. The stitching is metallic thread done on the embroidery machine. I also used the binding attachment to put the binding on the edges of the flap and tab–this made that part very easy. Made by Eevi!

Deborah R Foucachon said...

Wow Eevi! Great-looking clutch! I definitely think they'd sell.