5.16.2008

Reusable Shopping Bag





It feels good to put a little bit less trash in the world... especially if Alexander Henry fabric is involved. (Thank you, Joann's.) The fabric was my final motivation for whipping out a little grocery tote. I'm still hoping to sew on a little tie so that the bag will fit compactly into my purse for surprise trips to Winco or fresh baby greens at the Farmer's market. My favorite things about homemade shopping bags are: 1)you can make them big enough to carry 2-3 regular bags of groceries, and 2) if you want to squeeze through the thick crowd at Winco you don't have to push a jumbo cart because you have a handy shopping bag with you.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks great!

Sarah said...

So cute Abby! I love it. I think the tie will be a great addition to it!

Rachel Jankovic said...

Abby! I love this! So cute!!

Rayia said...

Abby,
I think the bag is darling! I need to make one. I love the idea of keeping one in your purse!