4.23.2008

The Knit Washcloth


With the craft fair in our future, and the Ladies Luncheon getting ever closer, I started trying to do all the things I signed up for. And, one of the crafts were these fantastic knit washcloths. Now, I've heard that these things are quite the hot items at craft fairs, that women travel from afar just for the washcloth. Whether or not that's true, these washcloths are so easy to knit. I am not an experienced knitter by any means. My repertoire consists of one baby sweater (which was going to be for Will when he was about 12 mons. I just finished it. He was 3 1/2.), christmas stockings for my family, and these washcloths. It takes me no time to whip out one of these puppies. Once you get the pattern down, which doesn't take long, you can easily do this while watching tv, talking on the phone, etc. etc. And then, you have a knit creation that you can be proud of! So, knitters, get out those size 7 needles and knit yourself a washcloth and then do one for the Fall Jolly!

7 comments:

Rachel Jankovic said...

yipppeeee! I think people who never have traveled to craft fairs for dishcloths will after seeing these! Way to go! As an aside, you can get the pattern here:http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/knitting/knit_a_ballband_dishcloth.php

Rachel Jankovic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Jankovic said...

O.k. the link didn't work, but if you go to Canadian Living and search the knitting patterns for the ballband dishcloth, you will find it. I think these are so fabulous for a hostess gift, with a bar of soap it is just about the cutest. Good luck!

Rayia said...

Casey,
I love the washcloths! They are so jolly and happy. I can almost see someone wanting to wash dishes just to use one (almost)! :o)

Sarah said...

Casey, I don't knit, so I'm TOTALLY buying a bunch of those at the fair. The colors are just so cheery and bright! Way to go.

Gentry Rench said...

Way to go Case! And way to slog through teaching me how. We know what a tremendous feat that was!

Bonnie Sentz said...

Too cute!:)