3.10.2008

pincushion shortage


I've been meaning to make some pincushions for a while (that is how I justified having some ridiculously small fabric pieces around), but never did it. Finally I was inspired to fill the void on the craft fair sign ups, and look what happened! But this has got me thinking about the pincushion concept..
Back in the eighties my Mom made thread catcher/pincushion combos for gifts for all the female relatives. We had one around for years - in a nice dusty rose with lace. I am thinking that not only do I need one, but so does the craft fair! Here is a link to one cute one I found.
Who wants to make some of these? Or, a better question - who doesn't?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redwork-in-germany/231735495/

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I love it! It doesn't look too difficult to wing together either!

Rachel Jankovic said...

I know - isn't it fab? The one my mom made was a much smaller cushion (sand filled) on a base with a magnet for needles. One of the tutorials I saw said they used strapping tape to hold the bag open. It seems to me that this would be a good one for the craft fair because most people don't have one, and most people (at least who sew) do need one. Anyways, I've been eyeing my fabric stash trying to decide which to use on a sample. hmmm.

Elizabeth said...

I really should do this - both for myself and the craft fair since I have so many scraps to use up...